Live from New York...


So, I've been thinking - isn't it a shame that neither Cheri Oteri




nor Tina Fey





Are doing SNL these days? Either one would do a great - and I mean GREAT - Sarah Palin:




It will probably end up being either Kristen Wiig (damn, she's funny) or Amy Poehler (funny, AND married to Will Arnett).

Having spent some time doing both improv and stand-up, I have a large appreciation for funny women. A lot of people - men and women - don't think that those of us with ovaries can be funny. I've had people come up and tell me after shows that they don't usually find women comical, but I did "pretty good". Awesome, because "pretty good" just what I was striving for!

I don't always miss performing, but every now and then, I get an itch to be onstage again. Maybe...

Nah, who are we kidding - there are plenty of pretty good female comedians out there already!

Lorne Michaels - I know you're reading this - give Cheri a call - she's perfect for this. PERFECT!

Comments

Shawn said…
It would be funny, yes; though I daresay few people are laughing these days: the idea of President Palin is too chilling for most.

Nice blog here! I look forward to reading more soon!
Unknown said…
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080913/ap_en_tv/tv_snl_s_palin

looks like you might get your wish :)