Feel-good Friday

You may find this hard to believe, but sometimes, I get sassy. No, no – it’s true!

Today I was in that kind of mood, and at the beginning of our weekly staff meeting, I actually hijacked things from my boss.

I started the meeting by declaring “TGIF”, and then making a plea on behalf of the Red Cross Blood Donation Centers, explaining that it’s always appreciated, and you get free cookies.

Thankfully, the bossman has a sense of humor and an abiding respect for the Red Cross, so I got a bemused expression, then we moved into the meat of the meet. So to speak.

So my message today is this. If you’re an eligible donor, and one who isn’t going to be more trouble than you’re worth (passing out, freaking out, etc.) then get your butt down to the Red Cross. They need you.

Matt and I have an appointment for 8:15 AM tomorrow, followed by breakfast – on me, since I’m the one dragging my sweet potato out of bed at such an ungodly hour.

I strongly believe there is no easier way to make a difference than to give a pint of blood. So, if you’re reading this, and you can stand a needle, you know what to do.

O Positively,

ae

Comments