...the opposite of innocent...

Today I got to train some colleagues at my office – the people who are new and work as Inside Sales reps, as well as my boss, his gal Friday, and a few visiting members of our newest acquisition.

I thought it went really well. I was meant for a live audience. I should get back into performing, because I love it, and miss the roar of the crowd. The smell of the greasepaint, I can take or leave.

I thought my counterpart was a little less than vivacious, but so what – that only makes me more energetic. Plus, it's getting even clearer to me how well I know the system, and how that knowledge will translate for me going forward.

I don’t know – we’re coming up on two years in this job in May, and I think I’ve found, after a fashion, what I am supposed to be doing. And if some day, I have the chance, I’ll go back to school and certify to teach. I think student of all kinds might benefit from my enthusiam.

In other news, I have been having the weirdest dreams. I’ve had two recurring themes going the past few months.

The first one has to do with motherhood – where either I have to watch a baby and I’m completely inept, or I am pregnant, or I throw away my pills in an attempt to get pregnant. I think this is just my brain working through the fact that I am not planning to procreate, and how do I feel about that?

The other dream, that I am having in conjunction with my usual airport/airplane anxiety dreams, and as a stand-alone, is elevator dreams. Usually they have to do with the elevator being hidden, or I have to get on or off really quickly, and that the one I need doesn’t go to the right floors – whatever. Last night was new. I got on an elevator trying to go up and it wouldn’t move. It started buzzing to try to make me think it was moving, but it was stuck and wouldn’t open.

I get the symbolism, of course – I feel stuck when I think I should be moving up. Duh. But where is that coming from?

I don’t know. I don't especially care, except that I do wake up feeling very tired sometimes.

What I do know is that I am at the moment very tired, I am hungry, and I really, really want to kick Matt’s ass on Worms tonight.

Comments