I've Never Seen Anything Like This

So, over the weekend, in a 48 hour period, Nashville got 13.7 inches of rain.

And now, Nashville is fucked up. Well, not all of it - but much of it. It's insane.

I was so focused on getting the gallons of water out of our basement on Sunday that I had no idea what was really happening outside my little bubble. Matt was in the air, headed to California. I basically didn't realize how bad it was until I took a break from ShopVaccing, and found that the power was out on 8th, and that 65N was washed out. I did what any sane woman would do. I went to Waffle House, had some lunch and got the hell home. Where I continued to suck water out of the cellar.

Basically, it's a mess.

I heard tonight that the house of some friends living West of town got flooded. And folks, this house was brand-spanking new, built to spec. I feel sick. I can't really watch the news - it's intense.

Because let's face it, a Sunday with a ShopVac is nothing compared to having your life turned inside out.

Yesterday when I was watching the news, I kept hearing people say, "I've never seen anything like it." And I thought- jeez, what a cliche. But you know what? I have never seen anything like this. And I hope I never do ever, ever again.


Comments