Relaxed Crocodile

This past weekend, Matt and I tore it up. Friday night, we had dinner at The Mad Platter – a local place which had great food. I had lamb, Matt had pork, and there were four other courses to be reckoned with. I ended the night on Bananas Foster. It was really a lovely night, and we enjoyed it immensely.

Saturday morning, we met Matt’s old colleague (and our friend) Suzie for breakfast - she was visiting from California. She brought her old college friend Emily, and the four of us had a great time. After breakfast, Matt and I headed down to Chattanooga to meet up with his family. We got great seats to the Lookouts Used Car Night game, but first – dinner at Lupi’s.

There were 19 of us in all, and what a game. In the 6th inning, the ump blew a call – and the crowd went nuts. Two players got ejected for arguing. None of us won a car, but we ate plenty of peanuts, drank beer (or in my case a cherry slushie – it’s good to be Designated Driver), and generally enjoyed ourselves. After the game, some of us headed back to Kelly and Flora’s for a late-night snack and more talking. We finally went to bed around 1AM.

The next morning, Flora made us a killer breakfast – we ate and talked, then got on the road to get Lola out of hock. She was glad to be home. I threw her in a tub, got her clean, and then I took a killer nap.

After I woke up, I headed to the grocery store, picked up some necessities, and came home. Matt and I relaxed, had some dinner and crashed.

Yesterday, after work, I managed to try a new class at the Y. Yoga. It about killed me, but I loved it. Since I fell before and during the Alaska journey, I want to take it easy, get more balanced and more flexible. Time will tell.

Life is good. Matt and I celebrate 5 happy years of marriage this week, and then over the weekend – canoeing on the Duck River. Lola is stoked. So are we.

Peace and chicken grease.

ae

Comments