Highs and Lows

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So, for as good as I was feeling about work last week, this week has been a 180. Nothing too specific, just a reminder that I’m human, and that’s…OK. Or not.

Today is Halloween at the office – rather tellingly, I’ve come dressed as an “Unhappy Camper”. Cargo shorts. Ripped, bloodied dirty t shirt. Makeup that looks like I’ve had the shit beat out of me. I love it.

Tomorrow, we have a party in my husband’s hometown, and that’s going to be fun as well. Different costume, which I am unable to disclose at this time. Pictures certainly to follow.

What else can I tell you? Last night was the finale of Project Runway, and it made me ANGRY. The clear winner was a wonderful designer whose joy was evident. His name was Mondo. Instead, they gave it to Gretchen. An Uber-Bitch with no talent, baggy, ugly clothes and a case of narcissism that made me want to vomit.

I hate TV.

And I also love it.

As I was telling my friend Rosie last night, I’m out-of-sorts.

Whatever that means.

Sigh.

Well – we’re about to get out of this month, and with a new month, maybe we’ll get a clean slate…

Sigh.

Comments