Ain't that a kick in the head?

So, clearly, long time no blog.

Well, I went to Peoria, and it was mostly OK. The customer I visited was challenging - very nice people, but all reasonably bright and all with distinct opinions. I didn't sleep well either night, and that made it interesting.

As for my eating habits while in Illinois, I was able to forgo anything terrible at the airport - and in fact, except for a bad move at lunch at Chili's involving a half turkey sandwich on steroids, I did OK. I had to weigh in Thursday since I got in around 8PM Wednesday, and I was ready to hear that I had gained.

What I got was decidedly not bad news. I lost. I lost 3.2 pounds. I've lost almost nine pounds in three weeks. INSANE.

But good.

Today, as a treat, I took my butt to a Spa for a little TLC.

Matt gave me some giftcards from Spafinder, and I ended up at Tiba, a small place near the house.

It was awesome. I had a body polishing treatment - I started out in a steam shower, then she laid me out on a table and scrubbed me first with an exfoliating paste, then with loofah mitts. Then, I got back into the shower, rinsed off the scrub, and she massaged lotion into my newly exfoliated skin.

And I got cucumber water. And slippers, and a robe, and my hair looked all nice and bouncy from all the steam and showering and whatnot.

I need to do stuff like that more often.

Maybe I'll blow it out when I hit 20 pounds gone. Or at my 10%. Or sooner.

Sooner would be good.

So, I have this bump on my head - I've had it for a couple of years. The doctor looked at it, said it was nothing, and could be removed eventually. Well, it has gotten bigger and now it actually hurts. So I need to make an appointment and go see if they'll lance it or drain it or something.

Gross. I know, I know.

Oh well.

It's not all glamorous.

Comments