Who's zooming who?


I’m one of those people who doesn’t like suspense.  I want to know whodunit, did they live happily ever after and that Rosebud was the f***ing sled.  I was pissed off by the ending of The Bicycle Thief because it was so…  uncertain.  And depressing.  I read the last page first sometimes.

So, it’s 3:25 on Wednesday, and I am wired for sound because within 2 hours, I weigh in, and have no idea how that will end up, but spent the wee sma’s  dreaming that I gained 1.4 pounds.  Aaaaand, I find out what kind of raise I get for the year.  As you have probably long forgotten, I went to my boss (now, ex-boss) and told him I wanted a market adjustment on my salary.  I provided research.  And since then because I haven't forgotten, I’ve been patiently, and maybe too patiently, waiting.  And if I don’t get a bump, I’m very possibly going to lose my shit.  Publicly.   I mean, heads will turn at the sound of my blood-curdling scream.

And the thing is, I’m pretty sure I should prepare to be disappointed. 

But I’ll make damn sure he knows it’s NOT ok.  Because, it's not.

Now, in other, and better news – a happier ending.  Dad is home from the hospital – discharged yesterday.  Apparently, they got his meds regulated and said adios.  So who knows?  I feel like this is just going to start happening more often.  And I can’t sneak ahead to the last page to see how it turns out.

But this makes my hands and feet turn to blocks of ice, and I feel like I’ve got a ninja star stuck in my throat.

So, you know.  I’ll let you know.

Wish me luck.  I need some.

ae

Comments