Twisted.


 So, remember how I was worried about Lola yesterday?  She’s fine.  She finally ate dinner with gusto, then drank the broth. Kept it all down.  By the time Matt got home, she was ready to play.  Dogs.  Sigh.

I often joke about how my problems are petty, and for the most part, they are.  I call them “white girl problems”.  Sick Lola?  White girl problem.

Here’s another.  Ok, so as you may know, storms ravaged the Southeastern US last night.  My family and Matt’s are all fine. 

Buuuuuut, our cabin in the North Georgia Mountains…



Yes, that’s right – our second home, our vacation home sustained some minor tornado damage to the front porch.  Notice that while the roof and columns are all gone, the furniture is mostly intact.  We didn’t suffer any loss of life, and we’re not homeless.

White girl problem.

Now, I’m not trying to be callous – other families fared far worse.  One friend lost everything.  He has a foundation.  And a chimney.  Only one of them is still in the original location.

And we still have our porch – it’s just in our backyard.

White girl problem.

I’m going up next weekend and we’ll see what we can do.

ae

Comments