Antici.....pation.


Tomorrow is a big day, people… they’re going to finally, finally announce the winners of the Fitness Challenge at work.  I need to practice looking thin and humble and talking about my success.  Not my strong suits.  Ahhahahahahahahaha!

I had a dream last night that I got on the scale at Weight Watchers and I had gained 5 pounds, which caused me to start screaming.  I demanded a re-weigh, but when I got on the scale, I couldn’t keep my balance and kept falling off.

Please leave your interpretations of my dream in the Comments section.  I think it means I feel unbalanced, out of control and anxious.  Apparently I have some concerns about “falling off” my program.

So, that’s awesome.

In other news, I went to the mountains with Dad for a long weekend.  The fact that the house has some damage stinks, but getting to spend a weekend with Dad was terrific.  We had so much fun.  Lola came with us and mostly behaved.  She’s aging, and not gracefully.  It is what it is.  But we did some work, played a little and spent time with  some interesting people.  Plus, Dad planned and cooked dinner – do you know how awesome that is?  So awesome!  I love cooking, but sometimes, enough is enough.

We also got to do a Mother’s Day celebration with Mom – that was fun.  We hit up the Flying Biscuit.  The grits were insane, the biscuits were lackluster.  The cranberry-apple butter?  WOW.


Work is kind of grinding on my nerves.  I am prepping to train on a brand new product, and one week from the day I have to debut this new material, a higher-up in the company wants to rethink the way we train on it – and by we, he means me.

That would have been useful to know six weeks ago when we were designing the training materials.

Oh well.  It is what it is.

I may need a cold beer soon.  Like tomorrow.  After weigh in.   And maybe some hot wings?  A girl can dream. And scream.  And sometimes, both.

Comments