Appalach Dispatch

So, we just got back from the mountains - and it was awesome.   We did work day on Saturday, where I burned downed trees, shoveled ditches, and hauled limbs.

I worked, got a nice sunburned and slept like a rock dropped in mud.

Yesterday, I did some work around our cabin,  and my first injury was a hornet sting to the left ankle, which is now 2x larger than my right ankle.

I also managed to get a small scratch/puncture on the same foot with, yep, a rusty nail.  So, that's sweet.

But I've had tetanus shots all my life - the most recent within the last 5 years, so I'm good to go.

I think.

If not, it's been nice knowing you.

I kid, I kid.

So, the other discovery of note was the large pile of bear shit that we saw near the cabin.  It was, of course, in the woods.  So, now it can be told.

Bear shit is impressive.   That's all I can really say about that.

The dogs, all three of them, had a ball.   I got a tick off The Dude, another off Dad later that day, and last night, tried to remove a tick from Lola that turned out to be her nipple.  That takes a special kind of awesome, and presbyopia, apparently.

No swim in the waterfall, though I did take a wade into the creek and it was splendid.

We also had one of the best watermelons I have ever eaten.   And have I mentioned how nice it is to have dinner cooked for me?  I loved it.

And believe it or not, I am probably going to lose weight again this week.  I think all the exercise agreed with me.

And the good food.  Mom and Dad did a fine job of giving me healthy sustenance.  I'm a lucky broad.

Matt helped build a bridge and did some hiking, even got a little work done for his day job.

Tomorrow, I have a training session for the new product - I've only ever trained on it once before.  It should be a disaster, but what's a girl to do?  I'll make it happen.

And that's really about all I can tell you.

Well, for now, anyway.

Comments

Sounds like an amazing weekend! I'm kind of jealous!