Quote Scene of the Crime Unquote

Lots of things going on...

One is that I'm heading to NOLA again, this time for pleasure.  My friend is turning 40 and we're celebrating in high fashion.  I CANNOT wait.

Another thing.  I went Thursday night to Atlanta for a long weekend.  Well, Atlanta, then the mountains.  Dad and I had fun.  We came back Saturday night, then Sunday, Mom and I shopped.  I love to give the economy whatever stimuli I can.

On the way home, I stopped for lunch at Waffle House.  Lib's Patty Melt Plate with an order of Scattered, Smothered and Covered.  Look it up - I can't explain without drooling on my keyboard.  It's amazing.




I paid with a credit card, and the waiter asked for my ID to confirm.  He returned it saying, "Wow, you don't look that old."

Thanks, pal.  It's all the Waffle House I eat - the grease kind of preserves me, smooths out the wrinkles.

Then, tonight, I'm checking out at Trader Joe's, and the friendly cashier calls me ma'am as I'm leaving.

The agony!

Meanwhile, the Nashville Predators have advanced to the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, and it looks like they'll be playing the Phoenix Coyotes.  Matt and I have tickets to the second game.  Hoping we'll both manage to be here for it.

A girl can dream.

And, let's see...

I want to buy a maxi dress for my trip.  I think I may hit up WalMart for my sartorial needs - because, let's face it - I really shouldn't be wearing sleeveless, let alone spending money on it.

I have a dress I could very easily get tailored for the trip.  That might be a smarter move.  Maybe I'll see what my new alterations lady could do for me...

And that, I suppose, is it for now.

More soon.  Really.

Comments

Cheese smothered hash browns? Holy crow! I typically avoid Waffle House, but that...that's beautiful.