Confidential to: You. You know who you are.

So, the other night, the Gallup Poll people called to ask my opinion.  And I think you know me well enough to know, I'm all about giving my opinion.


One of the questions asked if I had someone at my workplace who was invested in my development and well-being.


As a matter of fact, yes, I have lots of someones.


Today, I had a great example of this.


I had a colleague who needed some help on a sales call - usually, the Sales Engineers do the demos for these things, but ours were all booked.  And you know me - I love the spotlight, so sure, I can do a demo.


And I won't lie, I nailed it.  It just all fell into place.


The colleague sent an e mail to my boss complimenting my work.


And my boss sent that e mail, with a note to his boss, his boss' boss, and his boss' boss' boss (aka, our CEO) that read:

I just wanted to pass this feedback along to you all.  After the demo Allison provided today for a customer at the last minute, 4 of our employees that sat in on the call came directly over and thanked her for a such a great job.  She’s a tremendous asset for the LSMS Client Services Team and UL PureSafety we’re lucky to have her.



Now, he didn't have to do any of this.  But he did.  And that's pretty awesome.  But it's not the first time he's done it, either.

As it happens, the same man who wrote that e mail is one of the loyal readers of this blog.  

So with that in mind...

James,

The night we met at the departmental dinner was the start of a beautiful friendship.  I never leave the office feeling anything but supported and appreciated by you.  

People are constantly expressing their envy of me for having such an amazing manager who values me and the work that I do, and frankly, all I can do is agree and marvel at my excellent luck.

In addition to being a bang up manager, you're a good friend - you know where all the bodies are buried and you keep hanging out with us anyway.  You're the social glue that holds us all together, and you always bring your A Game to the party.

I cannot express how much joy you have brought to my life - I appreciate you for who you are and what you do.

So yeah, I was happy to tell the Gallup Poll lady that there's someone at work who has my back.  If she calls you, I hope you can say the same.

Sincerely,

Your Biggest Fan

PS - If there's anyone I need to send this link to, just let me know.

Comments