Going Viral

I finally went to the doctor yesterday, and I'm sure you'll be stunned to learn that I have a viral upper respiratory infection.  Which is to say, "We know you feel terrible, you're going to continue to feel terrible for another week, and we can't give you antibiotics, so keep taking the OTC stuff and keep on truckin'.  Oh, and thanks for the $25 co-pay."

Now, that said, the nurse was kind enough to call this morning because the doctor noticed my blood pressure was significantly elevated yesterday, and they want me to keep an eye on it today and tomorrow and call in my numbers.

So, maybe they have my back, after all.

The fact is, I still feel questionable as hell this morning.  I swear they could shove a camera up my nose and shoot a horror film.  "THE SLIME". 

I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to bug out after lunch.  If I could get some good, actual non-drug induced sleep, I think I'd feel so much better.  But as it is, I have a low-grade fever, I can't breathe through my nose, which means I have to breathe through my mouth, which makes my throat dry, then I cough, then... you get the picture.  It's an upper respiratory infection.  People get then every day and live to tell the story.

But you know me - I'm a special unique snowflake.  My respiratory health  is worthy of a text-book chapter. 

Still. 

In other news, because, yes, I am more than my disease... ahahah.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day.  I celebrated here at the office by eating way too many sugary treats.  It was awesome.  I served dinner last night on theme plates.  They had hearts and alligators on them.  I found them at Kroger.  We had meatloaf.  Because nothing says love like meatloaf.  Actually, it wasn't half bad.

Work is kind of a blur these days.  We're starting to get more contracts that contain onsite training, but what's weird about that is that our customers are fighting us about traveling.

I don't really have anything else.

It's all good.

ae

Comments