And I went in seeking clarity...

I don't always remember my dreams.

But, this morning, as my alarm went off, I had a dream that I was walking around my grocery store, eating what I think was a pecan pie muffin, and I said the following:

They're not going to change anything.  They're happy with it the way it is.  If they weren't happy, they would have changed things a long time ago.

It was total clarity, if you want to know the truth.

Because I was referring to "things" at work, or at least, that's how I recall it. But the fact is, I need to take that statement and apply it to myself.

At the moment, I'm not happy with the way it is.  I haven't been eating right, I haven't been exercising enough.  I'm not in balance.  This seems to be the theme of my life at the moment; unbalanced.

So in this case, I'm the "they", and I'm not happy.  Which means it's time to start making changes.

First change?  Ignoring the fact that right now, I'd step over my own mother for a nice big gooey pecan pie muffin.



And beyond that, it's time to accept the things I cannot avoid...for now.

That's right, I'm invoking Avenue Q.  So it's serious.

ae


Comments