AYFKM?

So, I've had the kind of day that kind of kicks you in the teeth.  Maybe not initially, but at the end of the day, one great big donkey kick to the face.

I called my mother on the way home from work.

She told me she had bad news.

And she sure did.

The koi were not in the pond when she went to check on them this morning.

Two of them were laying at the side of the pond, the third hasn't been found.

Did Pinky throw Cletus and Shlomo over the side and head off into the night, seeking deeper water?

Or, as I suspect, did a raccoon get a little greedy at the All-You-Can-Eat Aqua Buffet?

Raise your hand if you're a fucking fish-eating thief.  Yeah, that's what I thought.


Does it matter?  Not really - except that it leaves me feeling sad and frustrated.

And I've been feeling that way more than not this year.

It's fine.  They're fish, raccoons eat fish, and it's the circle of life.

But, given a little more energy, would I be face first into some ice cream at Sonic?

Yes, yes I would.

But, that doesn't solve the problem, or bring the fish back, or give me that weekend back, or anything like that.

It's fine.  I'm fine.

But as I told Dad, he's getting more koi for Father's Day.

ae

Comments