Blood, Bile and BBQ Sauce

Thoughts on my day.

1.  I woke myself up last night with such bad acid reflux, I felt like I was aspirating. I coughed for 30 minutes. I woke up this morning with a burnt tongue and lips. I'm done with pizza.  Enough!

2.  In an attempt to mitigate the burn, I found some Loratadine in my desk and took it.  Then I looked it up.  Loratadine is Zyrtec.  What I needed/wanted was Famotidine.  Pepcid.  So my heartburn stayed intact, but my eyes didn't itch.

3. I had a customer today request some help above and beyond.  I obliged and he asked where to send the bouquet.  I pointed him to the address in my email signature.  I know he won't send them... but what if he did?  Well then I'd enjoy the hell out of them.

If you're reading this, I do love asters.  Or zinnias.  That kind of runs the alphabet.


4a.  I gave blood today.  Because I can.  And because I believe in it. I've been giving blood since I was seventeen.  And here's what I can tell you.  I have veins that are deep but highly productive.  They're hard to find, but if you hit one, I can fill a bag in 6 minutes.  Yes, I know this because I've done it.  A lot.  

  b. So, if you're the new guy and you're having trouble finding my vein, and you have to call over a pro, and I tell you both this... why is the new guy going to be the one digging into my arm to get a vein?

 c.  And then, when he blows it and has to call the pro back in, why is anyone surprised?
 
 d.  Although points a - c were a pain in my ass, better me than a newbie - because I've at least got better experiences to remember back to, and I'm not going to get spooked and not donate again.  If I were new to it and got that guy... forget it.

5. Hooray for Bishop's Meat & Three.  Love me some three.  And meat.  I had lunch with my work husband today.  Hooray for work husbands, for that matter.



6. Matt and I went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner.  Apparently, it was "Every Sperm is Sacred" night, because that place was packed with screaming kids.  It was mayhem.

If you don't get the reference...


Well, then you need to get out more.  I vetted the joke with two men whose senses of humor are excellent and they both thought it was funny.

7. Chick-Fil-A has stopped carrying their Carrot Raisin Salad.  CURSES!!!



8. I'm ready for a big swig of Maalox.  And bedtime.

Good times, people.


Comments