Political Coups and Cocoa Puffs

So, it's Sunday, and while I don't go back to work tomorrow, it definitely feels like the end of a week.

The mountains were great.  I went up early to meet the TV guys who needed to make a quick tweak to get our satellite working. Then I napped and read.  I had a nice dinner and then Matt arrived.

The next morning, we went for a ride on the ATV, then puttered around the house waiting on Mom, Laura and Henry.  We spent some time in the creek and at the waterfall, then grilled hot dogs for dinner.

The next morning, we produced a little something out of the cabinet for Henry.  He had been begging for Cocoa Puffs, which he had never eaten, but saw on TV and learned "they make everything chocolately", and that was enough for him. 

Laura gave me the OK on getting a box with the other groceries.  I'll be honest - I've never seen a kid so excited about breakfast.

He hugged the box.  I didn't get to watch the meal - I had a meeting to attend.

My first annual club meeting sans Dad. And it was mostly obnoxious.  Long, scattered and repetitive.

And then, they voted to reduce the number of board members from 7 to 5 - and since I'm one of the newest board members... I was one of the 2 that didn't get voted on.  The president of the club was kind to me about it, but it stings a little.  What can I say, I'm power hungry.

That said, I'm still the head of the Social Committee, and a member of the Membership Committee, which, let's be honest, are way, way more crucial than a board appointment.

And as head of the Social Committee, I threw another great fucking Annual July Picnic.  It was epic.  Tons of food, lots of people, kids laughing, grown ups talking... we had a ball. 

This morning, we had a little memorial at the cabin for Dad.  We all said a little something, and then two friends of Dad's played guitar and banjo and sang.

As it turns out, the banjo player got his first banjo from Dad, nearly 40 years ago.

It was a nice remembrance.  And then, we got packed up and came back to Roswell.

Dinner at Capozzi's, a quick swim at the neighborhood pool, and now it's time for bed.

It's good.  It's all good.

ae


Comments