Slips, Trips and Falls

If you've endured three days of ice and snow, there comes a point where you just say, "Fuck it, I have to leave the house."

So today, I went in to the office so I could have two monitors, my headset and the quiet I'd need to handle a call that's scheduled to go for 2.5 hours. I'll be talking for most of it.

But this morning, as I came back into the house from taking Piper out, I lost my footing on a slick step and went down.  Thankfully there are only 2 steps down from deck to door, so I didn't fall far.  I also managed to land on my soft, padded hip/ass right side.  It still hurt like a motherscratcher and I swore appropriately.  The poor dog was so startled, she just stood there and made sure I got up.  I did. Bless her fuzzy little heart - she's a great pup.


Here's something interesting to note.  UPS teaches their drivers about falls.  They don't teach them how to avoid falls, they teach them how to fall without hurting themselves.

This makes me feel a little better about my foibles.  I've checked, and there's no visible bruise... yet.

Tonight, I'm planning to cook some supper, play with the she-beast out in the snow/ice.

And then I really need to wash my hair.  I've been living a little wild the past few days.  I showered to come into the office, but that's about it.

We're supposed to get subzero temps tonight.  I cannot even imagine how that would feel.  Cold, obviously.  My hands are so dry and cracked, it's pitiful. 

Remember that one time when I said I thought I could survive Winter in Maine?  I lied.

ae

Comments