Cliffhangers

Last night, I was bored, so I went back and read two years worth of old posts on this blog.  I focused in on 2010 and 2011. 

It was funny because sometimes what I read was vague and I have no idea what I was referencing. Other times, I remembered exactly what I was trying to say. 

Plenty of foreshadowing - this was the era of hair cancer, and there are multiple mentions of this annoying cyst on my scalp.

Lola was first diagnosed with a heart murmur, Dad spent some time in the hospital, and I expressed concern for both of their futures.

I can read it now having gotten to both of their endings, and I think, "Huh, well that's how that turned out."

This was also the era of weight loss.  I read over the period of a few months how with a little effort, I lost a ton of weight.  And fell in love with my Weight Watchers group.

I mention several times how I'm traveling more (which seems laughable now).

There was the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat.  The heartbreak of psoriasis.

I made friends, I got my feelings hurt.  I sweated out performance reviews, I changed managers a bunch of times.  I loved people, I complained about people.

Basically, it was a lot of fun.  I hope that some day, I do it again and come across this.  So for then a few questions:

- Did you get to have dinner in Portland?

- Did you start back up on WW?

- How's Mom?

- How's Piper?

- Are you still in therapy?

- Are you still traveling all the damn time.

- Are you OK?  Really?

That's enough.

A bientot.

ae

Comments