Deep Cleansing Breaths

Yesterday, I went to pick up my CPAP.

When they called me to make an appointment, I made it really, really clear that because I travel for work, portability was going to be clutch.

I was delighted to see this waiting for me:

Hey, big boy...got plans for tonight?


Does that look super portable?  It isn't heavy, but it's awkward as fuck.  Should be interesting.

Well, anyway after making several pointed remarks about the size of the damn thing, she taught me how to use it - it's pretty simple.  There's a bit of cleaning involved, obviously, but other than that, it's going to be a breeze to turn on and off.

Note I didn't say "use".  Because I've learned that years of mouth-breathing to compensate for my issues is not compatable with having heated humidified air shot up my nose.

Hey, baby - you take my breath away.


It's a good look for me, really.

My goal was to keep it on last night for at least two hours.  I kept it on for 5.8 - so, BOOM.

I don't know that it has helped yet, but she told me to be patient.

She also told me that it is easy to travel with.

Which, maybe if I went somewhere twice a year...

I need to get over it.  It's here, it's not going anywhere, and I wanted it.

So... be careful what you wish for.

ae

Comments