Miniature Epiphanies

So, I had an epiphany at the grocery store yesterday, somewhere around frozen foods.  The gist of it was that I could let my spirit be crushed and be upset about a situation that I had basically no control over.

But if I did that - then the person doing the crushing would win.  And I cannot let that happen!

So, I picked up some La Croix water (we're kind of addicted to the Grapefruit and Coconut flavors), got some grapes, grabbed some paper towels, and smiled.  I smiled a lot.

And then, this morning, I woke up thinking of a song.  Not just any song, but the one after which this blog is named.


The lyrics that came to mind were:

There's only one thing that I know how to do well
And I've often been told that you only can do
What you know how to do well
And that's be you,
Be what you're like,
Be like yourself.

So, that's the plan, friends.

And so, I'm having a wonderful time...

ae

Comments

Of course you should be yourself, And you're a wonderful, amazing person. I mean, you can even put up with me!
Unknown said…
I like yourself just the way you are.