My, My!

Friday night, Jim and I went to see Mamma Mia! at TPAC.  It is what's know as a Jukebox Musical - songs that existed before the musical used and woven together with some sort of plot.

In the case of this one, it's the songs of ABBA.  And the plot is a fairly flimsy one, but it's pleasant enough.  Girl invites three men, all of whom could be her Dad, to her wedding in the Greek Isles.  Her mother, former lead singer of Donna and The Dynamos deals with the fallout.

It's sweet, it's frothy.  And I loved that one of the supporting characters (Rosie, one of the Dynamos) was played by a larger girl.  A woman of size, if you will.

She held her own on the dance numbers, vocally, and acting - she was a triple threat.  I enjoyed that immensely.

The only down side is that I was feeling a little under the weather.

By the time I woke up Saturday morning, I was completely under it.  I spent most of the weekend doing NOTHING.  And it was just exactly what I needed to do.

Truth be told, I still have a killer sore throat, and I'm hard pressed to call myself well, but I needed to be in the office today.



Chair Warming Presenteeism at its finest!

So then.  I'm show-tuned up, I'm on heavy doses of Advil, Sudafed, and Mucinex.

I ordered a new suitcase this weekend - Samsonite, cypress green.

And that's pretty well it from here.

Meds, luggage, show tunes... and me!

ae

Comments