Open Letter to My Dog

Dear Beasto,

I'm in Wisconsin. You have probably figured out that I'm not home. Duh.

Anyway, at the moment, I'm in Elkhart Lake, a town about 20 minutes from my hotel. It's cute here. I'm having dinner at a trendy little place that uses old books to house their menus, and I came across this:

So, of course I thought of you.

I hate that I'm not home much. I am sorry. I wish I were there now.

I'm also sorry you aren't coming to the mountains this time, but I will take you in the fall. It will be less crowded and cooler to travel.

But... I am about to come off a few long weeks on the road, and we will have fun. I will make it up to you.

And the moral of the fable from this picture is that "Notoriety is not Fame". Which is dumb.

You are always on my mind.

xoxo,
A

Comments