B-4

So, tomorrow, the kitchen reno starts.  Having watched a ton of HGTV, I'm sweating bullets, but I think we'll be OK.

I'm taking the week off, so I'll work on things around the house, outside of the kitchen while I'm here.  May meet some friends for lunch.  I can almost guarantee that I'll have a nap at some point.  Or at several.  I love a good nap.

I'm going to have to do some work - documentation, expenses - but it'll be an easy week.

We had a pretty chill weekend, mostly just prep for the aforementioned reno.  I needed a break.  I'm frankly pretty stressed out about the holidays.  One of my friends and I have renamed them for this year:

ShoveItUpYourAssGiving 

and

Clustermas

We amuse ourselves.  I'm worried, obviously, about money.  And to a lesser extent, time.  Of course, they seem to intersect more than not - but, it's fine - we'll get there.

I believe it.

If you want to know what I'd like for Christmas?  Lower blood pressure.  Less travel.  A CSA subscription.  A visit from a Clutter Buster service.  And some lavender water from Crabtree and Evelyn - maybe one of their hand lotion samplers as well.
True story - once about six years ago, Matt was both pretty sick and completely snowed under at work, and it was a few weeks before Christmas.  He knew he wasn't going to be able to get out and do any Christmas shopping for me.  So I offered to do my own.  He was horrified, but I talked him into it, and I really enjoyed it.  I bought myself things I wouldn't buy with my own money but coveted - a lotion sampler was one of them.

I have pretty serious dry skin in the winter.  It's a challenge.

But that's not really the point of the holidays, is it?

I will say we've made one fairly major decision for the holidays - we've ordered the greeting cards.

Now I just need to deal with the big ticket stuff...

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Dammit!

ae



Comments