I'm Game

I don't have a bucket list.  Except a one item bucket list to never create a bucket list.

There are things I'd like to do, but I don't like the thought of pre-planning for my eventual death.

Make goals, make plans - but leave your lists for the grocery store.

There is something I'd kind of like to do, eventually.

I'd like to be on a gameshow.

Once, upon a time, I happened to go to a taping of a Jeopardy Tournament of Champions set of shows.  I think we saw three or four episodes taped.  I was maybe 23 at the time.  My friend Danny got tickets.  We had lunch at the Varsity afterwards.  It was a fun day.

This week, given that I'm spending a lot of time at home, I've gotten the opportunity to catch up on a few of my old favorites.

The Price is Right.  I actually think I'd be good at this one.  I have some energy, I am killer at guessing prices on retail items, and I think Drew Carey would like me.  If I made it to the Showcase Showdown (and I would), I know enough to not overbid. For fuck's sake, don't overbid.  And, by the way - Barker's Beauties Carey's Cuties?  Drew's Dolls?  Are co-ed.

PLINKO!

Let's Make a Deal - I really like Wayne Brady.  This one would probably end in me walking away Zonked.  Also, their prizes are kind of weird.  Yoga classes?  Sapphire-studded cufflinks?  Tickets to the Latin Grammys?  I don't know.  That said, I would dress up like a mofo.  Fun times.

Wheel of Fortune - This one is kind of a mix of skill/chance.  I'm good at word puzzles, but I don't think this is the sweet spot for me. That said, this show and Jeopardy are the last shows that still have the hosts of my youth.  Vanna White, Pat Sajak - hang in there!

Jeopardy - The daughter of a childhood friend appeared on the Teen Tournament this week and she was thwarted by the buzzer (and two other teens as smart as her).  But I would love to be on Jeopardy.  I have a few friends who have done it.  With my luck, the day I went on categories would be "Opera", "Sports Teams that Aren't the Nashville Predators", "Algebra", "How to Drive a Stick Shift", "Spatial Reasoning", "Telling Your Left From Right" and "Potent Potables" (because that's an old classic).

Family Feud - This one plagues me because although I think I'd kick ass at it, who the hell would the family be?  I mean, you need five people and there are no permutations of my family or Matt's where that would work.  Which, causes me some stress.  Oh well.

There are a ton of shows on Game Show Network that I could apply for, but they're not the real deal. I mean, that's my opinion.

So, maybe... someday.  Either Henry will age into Family Feud with me, Matt, Tom and Laura.  Or...

I don't know.  Maybe I'll go to California and I'll bid on the prize that gets me up to play for....


A NEW CAR!!!!!!!



Comments