I'm a mean one...

So, I have a handful of friends who are already in the Christmas Spirit.  And that's fine for them.

I am not feeling it.  But that's fine, it's only the 14th of November.  I get that Christmas trees are pretty and pleasant to look at, and they spread cheer.  But we're just getting over Halloween, the Election.  We're gearing up for that most delightful of days, THANKSGIVING.

Lest you think I'm irredeemably Scroogey, let me say this - I have ordered my Christmas cards.  I have made some travel plans.  I have a vague idea of what to get my nephew.  But for heaven's sake, I am not ready to embrace the evergreen.

Truth be told, we haven't done a Christmas tree in years - too many years to count.  What happened was, we found out that we love not having to take one down at the end of the year.  It's so freaking easy.  And we usually do most of Christmas with our families, so, you know... path of least resistance.

Meanwhile, we're getting some work done on the kitchen, and it's going remarkably well.  I'm excited.

And I'm one stay away from Diamond at Hilton for next year.

It just doesn't get any better, does it?

Does it?  I'm asking.

ae

Comments