Thanks

Thanksgiving 2016 is in the books, and it exceeded every possible expectation.

Matt and I got off work early Wednesday and headed down to Mom's.  She wasn't there when we arrived - she had gotten a call from Jorg requesting help on a congealed salad.  About thirty minutes later, they both arrived and we stayed in the kitchen cooking and chatting.

Thursday morning, I went to visit my friend Connie, her husband Jason, and their awesome kids, Jack and Reese.  Matt came with me and we had a blast reconnecting.  Love that family.

I made some pies, and started the dressing, and got a 30 minute nap.  Then our guests arrived.



Truth be told, it was the best Thanksgiving I can remember.  Erik brought a turkey (and GRAVY!) his girlfriend Finly made a cheesecake.  Mom did a few casseroles and another pie.  Jorg brought his cranberry jello mold, and it was so damn laid back and fun.  They arrived at 4, and didn't leave till 11PM. 

We had a great, great time.

And the food...

YUM.

Not only did I survive, I thrived.

I'm happy and Thankful.

ae

Comments